Military escalation | Civilian and his children inj*ured by regime shel*ling on Ma’arat Al-Na’asan in Idlib
Regime forces stationed in checkpoints in the vicinity of “Putin-Erdogan” area opened fire with heavy machineguns on Ma’arat Al-Na’asan town in eastern of Idlib, causing the injury of a civilian and his two children severely and they were taken to a hospital to receive proper medication.
On the same context, HTS targeted regime positions on the frontline of Telat Abo Ali in northern Lattakia countryside, and fired mortar shells on regime positions on Basraton frontline in western Aleppo countryside within “Putin-Erdogan” area.
“Putin-Erdogan” area witnesses sniping operations, sneak operations and exchanged attacks between regime forces and the factions from time to time.
Since early 2023, SOHR has documented 130 operations in the “de-escalation zone,” including attacks, gunfire by snipers and bombardment, which left 214 combatants and civilians dead. In addition, these operations left over 116 combatants and 37 civilians, including three women and other children, injured.
The fatalities can be distributed as follows:
• Nine civilians, including a child and a woman were killed by regime forces.
• 157 members of regime forces, including nine officers.
• An Afghan militiaman of “Liwaa Fatemiyoun.”
• One member of “Syrian Hezbollah” militia.
• 41 members of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, including a French jihadist.
• Two members of the jihadist faction of “Ansar Al-Tawheed.
• One member of “Ahrar Al-Sham” movement.
• One member of “Al-Sham Corps.”
• One member of “Hurras Al-Din” organisation.