Having targeted position in southern Idlib | Today’s Russian airstrike leaves civilian injured
SOHR sources have reported that a young man was injured, as he was hit with shrapnel of a missile fired by a Russian fighter jet on an area nearby Bazabour village in Jabal Al-Zawiyah in the southern countryside of Idlib, while he was riding his motorcycle near the targeted site. The man was taken to the hospital.
SOHR sources have just reported that a Russian fighter jet executed an airstrike on a position nearby Bazabour village in Jabal Al-Zawiyah in the southern countryside of Idlib in “Putin-Erdogan” area. However, no casualties have been reported.
Meanwhile, the same village and the outskirts of Ihsim town in Jabal Al-Zawiyah came under regime artillery fire.
It is worth noting that this was the second round of Russian airstrikes on Idlib countryside since November 2022.
Since early 2023, SOHR has documented 132 operations in the “de-escalation zone,” including attacks, gunfire by snipers and bombardment, which left 216 combatants and civilians dead. In addition, these operations left over 116 combatants and 38 civilians, including three women and other children, injured.
The fatalities can be distributed as follows:
- Nine civilians were killed by regime forces, including a woman and a child.
- 157 members of regime forces, including nine officers.
- An Afghan militiaman of “Liwaa Fatemiyoun.”
- A member of the Syrian Hezbollah.
- 41 members of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, including a French jihadist.
- Two members of the jihadist faction of “Ansar Al-Tawheed.
- One member of “Ahrar Al-Sham” movement.
- One member of “Al-Sham Corps.”
- One member of “Hurras Al-Din” organisation.
- The Commander-in-chief of Russian Special Tasks Forces.
- A militiaman of the Iranian-backed “Liwaa Al-Baqer.”