Escalating security chaos | Child among three persons killed and wounded in two attacks in rural Daraa
Daraa province: SOHR sources have reported that a young man was killed and his brother sustained serious injury, as gunmen opened fire on their vehicle on the road between Al-Shajarah and Sahem Al-Golan. The attack also damaged the vehicle which the victims used to sell drinking water. It is worth noting that the victims are from Al-Shajarah town in Yarmouk Basin in the western countryside of Daraa.
On the other hand, a 12-year-old boy was killed in the explosion of a grenade thrown by unknown gunmen on a motorcycle in Jasim city in the northern countryside of Daraa. The victim was the brother of “Hossam Al-Halaqi,” nicknamed “Al-Booji,” the head of an armed group affiliated to the military intelligence branch.
Since early 2023, the number of attacks documented by SOHR in Daraa province has risen to 248, which left 190 people dead; and they are as follows:
- 60 civilians, including two children and five women.
- 19 men accused of “involving in drug business.”
- 82 regime soldiers, members and collaborators with regime security services.
- 13 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals.
- Seven ISIS members.
- Five ex-combatants with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
- Two people working for the Lebanese Hezbollah, including a commander.
- One “collaborator” with Iranian-backed militias.
- An ex-fighter in the former “Jabhat Al-Nusra.”