“Putin-Erdogan” area in 48 hours | 14 children and women among 17 casualties in drone attack and exchange of fire between regime forces and HTS
The “de-escalation zone” has recently experienced noticeable military escalation which was manifested in exchange of fire between Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham on one hand and regime forces and their proxies on the other, in west Aleppo countryside, west Hama countryside and Idlib countryside, as well as a drone attack. The attacks and exchange of fire in the past 48 hours left many civilians casualties.
SOHR activists have documented the death and injury of 17 civilians in the past 48 hours in the “de-escalation zone,” including five children and eight women. The fatalities are distributed as follows:
- Three civilians were killed in regime bombardment on Kafr Noran in the western countryside of Aleppo.
- A woman and two children were killed in airstrikes by a drone belonging to rebels, which targeted positions in Salhab city in the western countryside of Hama.
- A woman was killed by regime forces in Sarmin city in Idlib countryside.
- A little girl was killed by Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham in Ain Al-Hamam village in Sahl Al-Ghab in western Hama.
The exchange of fire between regime forces and HTS in the past two days left nine civilians, including six woman and a little girl, injured.
Attacks in the “de-escalation zone” in the past 48 hours can be summarised as follows:
- June 21: Three civilians, including a child, were killed and a man and a woman were injured in artillery fire by regime forces stationed in the 46th Regiment in the western countryside of Aleppo on positions in Kafr Noran town in the same countryside.
- June 22: A little girl was killed, after having been hit with shrapnel caused by rocket and artillery fire by Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham on Ain Al-Hamam village in Sahl Al-Ghab in north-western Hama.
- June 22: A woman and two children were killed and a man and another woman were injured in the drone attack which targeted positions in Salhab city in the western countryside of Hama
- June 22: Five females, including a little girl, were injured in bombardment by regime forces on Srmin city in Idlib countryside. Regime bombardment also targeted positions in Al-Nayrab town and Ma’rbalet in Idlib countryside and the villages of Al-Ziyyarah, Al-Ankawi, Al-Sarmaniyah, Tel Waset, Qastoun and Al-Mashyak in Sahl Al-Ghab in Hama countryside.
- June 23: A displaced woman from Maasaran died of the wounded she had sustained in artillery fire by regime forces on Sarmin city in Idlib countryside.
Since early 2023, SOHR has documented 152 operations in the “de-escalation zone,” including attacks, gunfire by snipers and bombardment, which left 232 combatants and civilians dead. In addition, these operations left over 127 combatants and 51 civilians, including nine women and 19 children, injured.
The fatalities can be distributed as follows:
- 12 civilians were killed by regime forces, including a woman and two children.
- A little girl killed in bombardment by Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham.
- 165 members of regime forces, including nine officers.
- An Afghan militiaman of “Liwaa Fatemiyoun.”
- A member of the Syrian Hezbollah.
- 44 members of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, including a French jihadist.
- Two members of the jihadist faction of “Ansar Al-Tawheed.
- One member of “Ahrar Al-Sham” movement.
- One member of “Al-Sham Corps.”
- One member of “Hurras Al-Din” organisation.
- The Commander-in-chief of Russian Special Tasks Forces.
- A militiaman of the Iranian-backed “Liwaa Al-Baqer.”
- A member of “Soqour Al-Sham.”