Military escalation | Turkish drones attack eight positions in areas controlled by “Manbij Military Council Forces”
Aleppo province: SOHR sources have reported that Turkish drones attacked eight positions in areas controlled by “Manbij Military Council Forces,” which operate under the banner of Syrian Democratic Forces, in Manbij countryside, Awn Al-Dadat, Muhsenly and Bokharat in the east of Aleppo province. However, no casualties have been reported so far.
Accordingly, the number of attacks carried out by Turkish drones on areas controlled by the Autonomous Administration in north and north-east Syria since early 2023 has increased to 45 These attacks left 54 fatalities, as well as the injury of over 50 others. The fatalities are distributed as follows:
- 12 civilians, including a child and two women, and three civilian officials of the Autonomous Administration, including a female.
- 39 combatants of military formations operating in areas controlled by the Autonomous Administration.
- Three regime soldiers.
Turkish drone attacks in SDF-controlled areas in 2023 are distributed regionally as follows:
- Al-Hasakah: 18 attacks left nine civilians, including three women and a child, and 23 military personnel dead.
- Al-Raqqah: Two attack left no fatalities.
- Aleppo countryside: 25 attacks left 16 combatants, three regime soldiers and three civilians dead.