Military escalation | Two civilians kil*led in artillery shelling by regime ground forces on Idlib
Two civilians were killed and a child and a man were injured severely in artillery shelling by the regime forces stationed in checkpoints in the vicinity of “Putin-Erdogan” area on a camp in Al-Iskan area on the outskirts of Sarmin City in eastern Idlib countryside.
Moreover, the shelling caused some tents to catch fire, and the injured people were taken to a hospital to receive proper medication.
Since early 2023, SOHR has documented 268 operations in the “de-escalation zone,” including attacks, gunfire by snipers and bombardment, which left 421 combatants and civilians dead. In addition, these operations left over 212 combatants and 87 civilians, including 11 women and 30 children, injured.
The fatalities can be distributed as follows:
• 32 civilians, including five women, nine children and a civil defence member, were killed by regime forces.
• 299 members of regime forces, including 19 officers.
• An Afghan militiaman of “Liwaa Fatemiyoun.”
• A member of the Syrian Hezbollah.
• 67 members of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, including a French jihadist.
• 13 members of the jihadist faction of “Ansar Al-Tawheed.
• One member of “Ahrar Al-Sham” movement.
• Two members of “Al-Sham Corps.”
• One member of “Hurras Al-Din” organisation.
• The Commander-in-chief of Russian Special Tasks Forces.
• A militiaman of the Iranian-backed “Liwaa Al-Baqer.”
• A member of “Soqour Al-Sham.”
• A member of the “National Liberation Front.