Military escalation | Regime soldier killed by sniper of HTS-backed factions of “Al-Zobair Bin Al-Awam” and civilian severely injured in regime artillery fire in Idlib countryside
A regime soldier was shot dead by sniper of HTS on the frontline of Al-Tarnabah village in eastern Idlib countryside.
Meanwhile, a civilian was severely injured due to artillery fire by regime forces targeted agricultural land on the vicinity of Kansafrah Town in southern Idlib countryside within “Putin-Erdogan” area, where he was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Since early 2023, SOHR has documented 270 operations in the “de-escalation zone,” including attacks, gunfire by snipers and bombardment, which left 422 combatants and civilians dead. In addition, these operations left over 212 combatants and 88 civilians, including 11 women and 30 children, injured.
The fatalities can be distributed as follows:
• 32 civilians, including five women, nine children and a civil defence member, were killed by regime forces.
• 300 members of regime forces, including 19 officers.
• An Afghan militiaman of “Liwaa Fatemiyoun.”
• A member of the Syrian Hezbollah.
• 67 members of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, including a French jihadist.
• 13 members of the jihadist faction of “Ansar Al-Tawheed.
• One member of “Ahrar Al-Sham” movement.
• Two members of “Al-Sham Corps.”
• One member of “Hurras Al-Din” organisation.
• The Commander-in-chief of Russian Special Tasks Forces.
• A militiaman of the Iranian-backed “Liwaa Al-Baqer.”
• A member of “Soqour Al-Sham.”
• A member of the “National Liberation Front.