Ongoing security chaos | Regime soldier killed during clashes between unidentified gunmen in Daraa countryside
Daraa province: A regime soldier was killed the armed clashes with light and heavy weapons which erupted yesterday between members of regime forces stationed at a military post and unidentified gunmen on the road between Nawa and Barqah towns in Daraa countryside.
This coincided with firing flares by regime forces on eastern Tel Um Hauran in eastern Nawa searching for the gunmen.
Since early 2023, SOHR activists have documented 386 incidents of security disorder which left 309 people dead; and they are as follows:
• 104 civilians, including five children and six women.
• 25 men accused of “involving in drug business.”
• 139 regime soldiers, members and collaborators with regime security services, including a woman.
• 19 former fighters who did not join any military formation, after striking reconciliation deals with the Syrian regime.
• Ten ISIS members.
• Eight ex-fighters with settled-status working for regime services and backed militias.
• Two people working for the Lebanese Hezbollah, including a commander.
• One “collaborator” with Iranian-backed militias.
• An ex-fighter in the former “Jabhat Al-Nusra.