New murder in SDF-controlled areas | Young man killed by his relative in eastern Aleppo
Aleppo province: SOHR sources have reported that a young man was killed by his relative in the SDF-controlled village of Um Mayyal in Manbij countryside in eastern Aleppo over earlier disagreements.
This coincides with the deteriorating security situation and escalating rate of crimes in SDF-controlled areas.
The Syrian Observatory has documented 60 murder crimes in SDF-controlled areas since early 2023, where domestic violence and armed robbery were behind some of these murders, while motivations behind the others remained unknown. These murders left 66 civilian fatalities, including nine women and a eight children; they are distributed regionally as follows:
- Al-Hasakah: 17 civilians, including four women and four children
- Deir Ezzor: 21 civilians, including a woman and a little girl and two young men.
- Al-Raqqah: 15 civilians, including three women and two children.
- Manbij: Nine civilians, including a woman.
- Ain Al-Arab (Kobani): Four civilians, including a little boy.