“Putin-Erdogan” area | Regime soldier killed on frontline in Aleppo countryside and villages bombarded
A regime soldier was killed by snipers of one of HTS formations on the frontline of Basraton in the western countryside of Aleppo.
On a related context, regime forces, stationed at the checkpoints surrounding “Putin-Erdogan” area, fired heavy artillery shells on Al-Fatirah village in the southern countryside of Idlib. They also fired the vicinity of Kafar Taal and Kafar Ammah villages in the western countryside of Aleppo.
It is worth noting that the “de-escalation zone” experiences frequent gunfire, infiltration operations and exchange of bombardment between regime forces and opposition factions.
Since early 2023, SOHR has documented 277 operations in the “de-escalation zone,” including attacks, gunfire by snipers and bombardment, which left 428 combatants and civilians dead. In addition, these operations left over 214 combatants and 98 civilians, including 13 women and 32 children, injured.
The fatalities can be distributed as follows:
• 32 civilians, including four women, nine children and a civil defence member, were killed by regime forces.
• 306 members of regime forces, including 19 officers.
• An Afghan militiaman of “Liwaa Fatemiyoun.”
• A member of the Syrian Hezbollah.
• 67 members of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham, including a French jihadist.
• 13 members of the jihadist faction of “Ansar Al-Tawhid.”
• One member of “Ahrar Al-Sham” movement.
• Two members of “Al-Sham Corps.”
• One member of “Hurras Al-Din” organisation.
• The Commander-in-chief of Russian Special Tasks Forces.
• A militiaman of the Iranian-backed “Liwaa Al-Baqer.”
• A member of “Soqour Al-Sham.”
• A member of the “National Liberation Front.”