IS*IS resurgence | Five casualties among members of National Defence militia in eastern Deir Ezzor countryside
Deir Ezzor province: Two members of the “National Defence” militia were killed and three others were injured in an attack by ISIS cells on positions near “Al-Taim” oil field in eastern Deir Ezzor countryside, while ambulance vehicles rushed to the site to transport casualties to the military hospital in Deir Ezzor.
According to SOHR statistics, the number of fatalities in military operations in the Syrian desert since early 2023 has increased to 461; and they are as follows:
• 29 ISIS members were killed in clashes with regime forces and Russian airstrikes on ISIS hideouts in the deserts of Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama, Al-Raqqah, Deir Ezzor and Aleppo.
• 272 members of regime forces and their proxy militias, including 37 Iranian-backed Syrian and non-Syrian militiamen, were killed in 121 operations by ISIS members, including ambushes, armed attacks, and explosions, in west Euphrates region and the deserts of Deir Ezzor, Al-Raqqah, Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama and Aleppo.
• 160 civilians, including a woman, were killed in attacks by ISIS in the Syrian desert.
Here is a regional distribution of ISIS attacks in 2023:
-Homs desert: 40 operations left 170 fatalities:
• 77 combatants, including 12 Iranian-backed militias.
• 88 civilians, including a woman.
• Seven ISIS members.
-Al-Raqqah desert: 12 operations left 36 fatalities:
• 32 combatants.
• Three ISIS members.
• One civilian.
-Deir Ezzor desert: 50 operations which left 157 fatalities:
• 124 combatants, including 20 Iranian-backed militias.
• 14 ISIS members.
• 19 civilians.
-Hama desert: 16 operations which left 90 fatalities:
• 49 civilians.
• 36 combatants, including five Iranian-backed militiamen.
• Five ISIS members.
-Aleppo desert: Three operations left three combatants, including two members of the 25th Division, and three civilians dead.