After killing four regime-backed gunmen yesterday | “ISIS” kills and injures six of them in new operation in Al-Sokhnah desert
Homs province: Two members of the National Defence were killed and four others were seriously injured, including one critical condition, following the eruption of an armed clash between regime members and the militias loyal to them on the one hand, and members of “ISIS” on the other hand, where two of the injured were taken to the military hospital in Deir Ezzor for treatment, and two to Homs National Hospital.
It is noted that the clashes came after regime members carried out a combing operation in the eastern desert of Homs yesterday morning, and “ISIS” was able to kill four regime-backed gunmen in Al-Sokhnah desert.
According to SOHR statistics, the number of fatalities in military operations in the Syrian desert since early 2023 has increased to 546; and they are as follows:
• 37 ISIS members were killed in clashes with regime forces and Russian airstrikes on ISIS hideouts in the deserts of Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama, Al-Raqqah, Deir Ezzor and Aleppo.
• 344 members of regime forces and their proxy militias, including 43 Iranian-backed Syrian and non-Syrian militiamen, were killed in 144 operations by ISIS members, including ambushes, armed attacks, and explosions, in west Euphrates region and the deserts of Deir Ezzor, Al-Raqqah, Homs, Al-Suwaidaa, Hama and Aleppo.
• 165 civilians, including a woman, were killed in attacks by ISIS in the Syrian desert.
Here is a regional distribution of ISIS attacks in 2023:
-Homs desert: 53 operations left 236 fatalities:
• 140 combatants, including 16 Iranian-backed militias.
• 89 civilians, including a woman.
• Seven ISIS members.
-Al-Raqqah desert: 13 operations left 39 fatalities:
• 35 combatants.
• Three ISIS members.
• One civilian.
-Deir Ezzor desert: 55 operations which left 160 fatalities:
• 130 combatants, including 22 Iranian-backed militias.
• 14 ISIS members.
• 19 civilians.
-Hama desert: 18 operations which left 97 fatalities:
• 53 civilians.
• 37 combatants, including five Iranian-backed militiamen.
• Seven ISIS members.
-Aleppo desert: Four operations left five combatants, including two members of the 25th Division, and three civilians dead.
-Al-Suwaidaa desert: One operation left three combatants dead