Continued attempts by regime forces to take full control in eastern Aleppo leading to the death of dozens
The remaining part of the eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo city is witnessing continued shelling and targeting by the regime forces, in conjunction with clashes between the regime forces and militiamen loyal to them against the rebel and Islamic Factions, in an attempt by the regime to advance in the outskirts of al-Zebdiyyeh neighborhood in the city of Aleppo, after regaining control today of the neighborhoods of Kallaseh, Bustan al-Qasr, Sheikh Said, al-Salhin, Jesr al-Hajj, al-Ferdus and al-Jalloum, and completing their control of Karm al-Da’da and Bab al-Maqam, while the bodies of more than 60 of the civilians, fighters and their families were seen in the neighborhoods of al-Ferdus, Kallaseh, Bustan al-Qasr, and parts of al-Zebdiyyeh, who were killed either by being shot directly by the regime forces or in shelling by the regime forces on the above-mentioned areas.
What rose the number of people who were killed in Aleppo to 1134 including 88 children and 35 women including soldiers, rebels, and civilians, killed by aerial bombardment, barrel bombs, shells, clashes, and missiles since the 15th of November until today the 12th of December 2016, the numbers are as following :
- 442 civilians including 47 children and 25 women killed by aerial bombardment and barrel bombs targeted the eastern neighborhoods.
- 398 rebels killed by bombardment and clashes in eastern Aleppo including 10 commanders.
- 130 civilians including 40 children and 10 women in addition to an old man killed by shells targeted the western section of Aleppo.
- 9 civilians including a child killed by rebel shelling on Shekh Maqsod neighborhood which is inhabited by Kurds and taken over by YPG, in addition to 2 members of Kurdish party ” Jawharia protection forces ” .
- 153 soldiers and non Syrian militiamen allied to regime forces killed by explosions and clashes in eastern Aleppo. the number of the dead is likely to rise according to the serious injuries, as many others are wounded and seriously wounded amid lack of medicine and hospitals in the western side of the eastern section of Aleppo.