Widespread resentment in Madaya due to the demographic change process in Syria by an agreement with Iran and support by Qatar
the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights learned that a widespread escalated resentment prevails Madaya city, which is besieged by the regime and the Lebanese Hezbollah in the northwest of Rif Dimashq, and reliable sources inside the city confirmed that discontent was raised because of the process of demographic change in the areas of Madaya and Zabadani in the northwest of Rif Dimashq, which will be initiated by an agreement with Iran and support by Qatar.
The agreement about Zabadani and Madaya in the Rif Dimashq, Kafriya and Al-Fu’ah in the northeastern countryside of Idlib and Yarmouk camp south of the capital Damascus states:
“Complete evacuation for Kafriya and Al-Fu’ah in duration of 60 days in two phases in exchange for:
- Evacuating Zabadani and the families of Zabadani and Madaya and in the surrounding areas to the north.
- Cease-fire in the areas around al-Fu’ah and the area of south of the capital (Yalda, Babila and Beit Sahem).
- A truce for a period of 9 months in the areas mentioned above.
- Entering non-stop humanitarian aid to the mentioned areas, in addition to aid to al-Wa’er neighborhood in Homs.
- Evacuating 1500 captives from the prisons of the regime of those who were detained due to events related to the revolution (in the second phase of the agreement) without specifying the names (because of the difficulty of negotiating the file with the regime) .
- Providing mutual lists by both parties for the numbers and names of the prisoners to work on the exchange.
- Evacuating Yarmouk camp (fighters to al-Nusra in the area).”
The crossed sources confirmed to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights that it is expected at 12 am of 29th of March 2017 for a ceasefire to start in the areas of Madaya, Zabadani, Al-Fu’ah, Kafriya, south of Damascus and the southern countryside of the capital, also a goodwill gesture between the agreeing parties of Jaish al-Fateh, the Lebanese Hezbollah and the Iranians.
The agreement will be implemented on the 4th of April 2017.