858 children, citizen women and men are among more than 2800 persons killed in March 2017
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 2826 persons during the month of March 2017, they were distributed as following:
Civilian casualties: 858 including 141 children under the age of eighteen, and 131 citizen women over the age of eighteen, and they were killed as follows:
- 288 including 55 children and 61 citizen women were killed in raids by Syrian and Russian warplanes and by regime’s helicopters on several areas of Syria.
- 67 including 16 children and 12 citizen women were killed in shelling by the regime forces using rocket and artillery shells, missiles believed to be ground-to-ground, targeting and sniper bullets.
- 7 citizens were killed under torture in Syrian security prisons.
- 30 including a child and 10 citizen women and 4 children were killed in targeting and the fall of mortar shells launched by the rebel and Islamic factions and the “Islamic State” organization.
- 5 citizens were killed in earlier bombing by Turkish warplanes.
- 9 including a child were killed by the fire of the Turkish border guards.
- 15 were executed by the “Islamic State” organization.
- 7 including a child and 3 citizen women were killed in the fall of shells launched by the “Islamic State” organization and by the fire of its machineguns.
- 5 citizens were killed and executed by Islamic factions.
- 281 including 38 children and 33 citizen women were killed in airstrikes by the warplanes of the international coalition.
- 57 including 3 children and 7 citizen women were killed in the detonating of cars and vehicles.
- 8 including 6 children and a citizen woman died as a result of poor sanitary conditions and the lack of treatment and as a result of fires in the camps of displaced people.
- 4 citizens including a woman were killed by Syria Democratic Forces.
- 64 including 6 citizen women and children were killed in landmines explosions.
- 19 including 4 children and a citizen woman were killed in unknown circumstances.
And 43 of the Iraqi Shiite visitors including 6 children and 10 citizen women were killed in 2 bombing targeted a gathering of them in Bab Sghir cemetery area in the center of the capital Damascus.
Syrian fighters of the rebel and Islamic Factions and the Syria Democratic Forces and other movements and organizations: 426
The regime forces: 304
Members of popular the committees, NDF and gunmen loyal to the regime of Syrian nationality: 407
Fighters of the Lebanese Hezbollah: 5
Fighters loyal to the regime of non-Syrian nationalities, most of them are of the Shiite sect: 9
Fighters of the rebel and Islamic factions, the “Islamic State” organization, Jabhat Al-Nusra (Al-Qaeda organization in the Levant), Jaysh al-Mohajereen Wa al-Ansar and the Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian nationalities: 762