About 2500 people were killed in July 2017
More than 650 civilian casualties including 440 people were killed by warplanes of the regime, the Russians and the International Coalition during the month of July
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 2477 persons during the month of July 2017 and they were distributed as following:
Civilian casualties: 656 including 154 children under the age of eighteen, and 110 citizen women over the age of eighteen, and they were killed as follows:
- 149 including 45 children and 40 citizen women were killed in raids by Syrian and Russian warplanes and by regime’s helicopters on several areas of Syria.
- 31 including 6 children and 4 citizen women were killed in shelling by the regime forces using rocket and artillery shells, missiles believed to be ground-to-ground, targeting and sniper bullets.
- 7 citizens were killed under torture in Syrian security prisons.
- 21 including 1 child and 9 citizen woman were killed in targeting and the fall of shells launched by the rebel and Islamic factions.
- 22 including a child were killed by the fire of the Turkish border guards.
- 8 were executed by the “Islamic State” organization.
- 32 including 1 child and 6 citizen women were killed in the fall of shells launched by the “Islamic State” organization and by the fire of its machineguns.
- 289 including 68 children and 42 citizen women were killed in airstrikes by the warplanes of the international coalition.
- 8 including were killed in the detonating of cars and booby trapped vehicles.
- 6 including 2 children were killed by Syria Democratic Forces.
- 43 including 15 children and 3 citizen women were killed in landmine explosions.
- 16 including 1 child and 1 citizen woman were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 16 including 6 children and 1 citizen woman were killed during clashes between the Islamic Factions.
- 2 persons were killed by Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham.
- 6 including 2 children and a citizen woman were killed by Turkish shelling.
Syrian fighters of the rebel and Islamic Factions and the Syria Democratic Forces and other movements and organizations: 570
The regime forces: 255
Members of popular the committees, NDF and gunmen loyal to the regime of Syrian nationality: 320
Fighters of the Lebanese Hezbollah: 16
Fighters loyal to the regime of non-Syrian nationalities, most of them are of the Shiite sect: 47
Fighters of the rebel and Islamic factions, the “Islamic State” organization, Jabhat Al-Nusra (Al-Qaeda organization in the Levant), Jaysh al-Mohajereen Wa al-Ansar and the Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian nationalities: 595