In the lowest monthly death tally since 70 months, about 400 civilian casualties out of 1370 killed were killed in April 2018
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 1370 persons in April 2018, and the death toll is as follows:
Civilian casualties: 395 people including 101 children under the age of eighteen, and 73 women over the age of eighteen, and they were killed as follows:
- 49 citizens including 9 children and 10 citizen women were killed in raids by Russian warplanes
- 122 including 32 children and 28 citizen women were killed by bombardment by the regime’s warplanes and helicopters on several areas of Syria.
- 61 including 12 children and 14 citizen women were killed in shelling by the regime forces using rocket and artillery shells, missiles believed to be ground-to-ground, targeting and sniper bullets.
- One citizen was killed under torture in Syrian security prisons.
- 35 citizens including 8 children and 4 citizen woman were killed in targeting and the fall of mortar shells launched by the rebel and Islamic factions.
- 4 citizens were killed by the Turkish forces.
- 12 citizens including 3 children were killed by the fire of the Turkish border guards.
- 4 citizens including a woman were executed by the “Islamic State”
- 8 citizens were killed in airstrikes by the warplanes of the International Coalition.
- 3 citizens including a child were killed by the factions and Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham.
- 9 citizens including 4 children and 4 women were killed in landmine explosions.
- 66 including 28 children and 11 women were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 21 citizens including 4 children and a woman were killed in targeting by unknown gunmen and assassinations.
Syrian fighters of Islamic and repel factions and the SDF and other movements and organizations: 305
The regime forces: 176
Members of the Popular Committees, and the National Defense Forces, and militiamen loyal to the regime forces of Syrian nationalities: 219
Fighters of the Lebanese Hezbollah: 5
Fighters of militiamen loyal to the regime of non-Syrian nationalities mostly of Shiite people: 65
Unidentified people: 11
Fighters of Islamic and repel factions and ISIS and Nusra Front (Qaeda organization of the Levant), and Mujahedeen and al-Ansar Army and Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian nationalities: 194
And the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented 14 massacres during April 2018, which left 208 civilian casualties including 57 children and 44 citizen women, where the Russian warplanes as well as the regime’s warplanes carried out 5 massacres which killed 124 citizens including 35 children and 22 citizen women, while the regime forces carried out 3 massacres which killed 20 citizens including 2 children and 10 citizen women, while the factions carried out 2 massacres which killed 17 citizens including 2 children and 3 citizen women, while 2 massacres were carried out by 2 explosion and claimed the lives of 36 citizens including 14 children and 9 women, and the “Islamic State” organization carried out 2 massacres which killed 11 citizens including 4 children.
Despite the conferences calling for dialogue and solution, and the UNSC resolution and the unreal truces, the bloodshed continues on the Syrian territory and the killing and fighting continues without peace, and the cease-fire truces are only breaks between the conflicting parties in Syrian, where some parties were winners and others lost influence and control, so, we in the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, reiterates our calls for the international parties to do their utmost efforts to stop the bloodshed of the Syrian people, who faced tyranny and injustice to reach a state of justice, democracy, freedom and equality, and we the Syrian Observatory pledge to continue to monitor and document the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people, in addition to the publication of statistics about them in order to stop the perpetration of these crimes, violations and atrocities against the Syrian people, and to refer the perpetrators of these violations to the concerned courts of the state, so as not to escape their punishment for the crimes they committed against the people who was and still dream of having a state of democracy, freedom, justice and equality for all components of the Syrian people.