244 civilians including 91 children and women were killed in May, the lowest monthly death toll of civilian casualties since the beginning of the Syrian revolution
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 1165 people in May 2018, and they were distributed as follows:
Civilian casualties: 244 people including 58 children under the age of eighteen, and 33 women over the age of eighteen, and they were killed as follows:
- 19 citizens including 7 children and 4 citizen women were killed in raids by Russian warplanes
- 38 including 13 children and 8 citizen women were killed by bombardment by the regime’s warplanes and helicopters on several areas of Syria.
- 39 including 4 children and 7 citizen women were killed in shelling by the regime forces using rocket and artillery shells, missiles believed to be ground-to-ground, targeting and sniper bullets.
- 3 citizens were killed under torture in Syrian security prisons.
- 6 citizens including a child were killed in targeting and the fall of mortar shells launched by the rebel and Islamic factions.
- 10 citizens were killed by the Turkish forces.
- 2 citizens were executed by the “Islamic State” organization.
- 39 citizens including 16 children and 11 women were killed in airstrikes by the warplanes of the International Coalition.
- 8 citizens were killed by the factions and Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham and Syria Democratic Forces.
- 7 citizens including 2 children and a woman were killed in landmine explosions.
- 29 citizens including 12 children and a woman were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 24 citizens including a child woman were killed in targeting by unknown gunmen and assassinations.
- 20 citizens including a child and a woman were killed in the explosion of booby trapped vehicles.
Syrian fighters of Islamic and repel factions and the SDF and other movements and organizations: 286
Defected of the regime forces: 1
The regime forces: 181
Members of the Popular Committees, and the National Defense Forces, and militiamen loyal to the regime forces of Syrian nationalities: 190
Fighters of the Lebanese Hezbollah: 6
Fighters of militiamen loyal to the regime of non-Syrian nationalities mostly of Shiite people: 76
Unidentified people: 6
Fighters of Islamic and repel factions and ISIS and Nusra Front (Qaeda organization of the Levant), and Mujahedeen and al-Ansar Army and Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian nationalities: 175
And the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented 10 massacres during May 2018, which left 86 civilian casualties including 27 children and 19 citizen women, where the Russian warplanes as well as the regime’s warplanes carried out 5 massacres which killed 35 citizens including 11 children and 7 citizen women, while the regime forces carried out one massacre which killed 7 citizens including a child and a woman, while the International Coalition carried out 3 massacres which killed 39 citizens including 15 children and 11 women, while one massacre took place due to an explosion and claimed the lives of 5 citizens.
Despite the conferences calling for dialogue and solution, and the UNSC resolution and the unreal truces, the bloodshed continues on the Syrian territory and the killing and fighting continues without peace, and the cease-fire truces are only breaks between the conflicting parties in Syrian, where some parties were winners and others lost influence and control, so, we in the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, reiterates our calls for the international parties to do their utmost efforts to stop the bloodshed of the Syrian people, who faced tyranny and injustice to reach a state of justice, democracy, freedom and equality, and we the Syrian Observatory pledge to continue to monitor and document the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people, in addition to the publication of statistics about them in order to stop the perpetration of these crimes, violations and atrocities against the Syrian people, and to refer the perpetrators of these violations to the concerned courts of the state, so as not to escape their punishment for the crimes they committed against the people who was and still dream of having a state of democracy, freedom, justice and equality for all components of the Syrian people.