Indiscriminate gunfire leaves baby girl dead in refugee camp on Iskenderun border
Syrian Observatory activists have documented the killing of a baby girl after being hit with an indiscriminate gunshot while being in her family’s tent in refugee camp on the outskirts of Kelli town, north of Idlib.
This incident comes in the wake of security chaos and growing disorder in areas under the control of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and opposition factions in Idlib province and surrounding countryside.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, and Hama since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the date of starting the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 628. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 180 civilians, including 23 children and 18 women
- 380 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 68 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
- Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.