Idlib | Many civilians killed or injured in attack by HTS member
SOHR activists say that a member of Hayaat Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) threw a grenade at a group of civlians in Al-Jamia’a neighbourhood in Idlib city, then opened fire on them, killing two young men and injuring others, while the sounds of clashes are still heard in the city.
The number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, as the security chaos escalated in the province, has risen to 630. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities are broken down as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party.
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her.
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the “Salvation Government”.
- 182 civilians, including 23 children and 18 women.
- 380 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib.
- 68 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying degrees of severity.