Failed assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen open fire on regime captain in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: unknown assailants opened fire with light weapons on a regime captain while he was leaving Bosr Al-Hadid-Nahteh checkpoint in the eastern countryside of Daraa. The attack caused material damage but no casualties have been reported. It is worth noting that the targeted captain is in charge of that checkpoint.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 469 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 304 persons, and they are as follows:
- 70 civilians, including seven women and four children
- 162 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 48 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.