Assassinations in Idlib | Unknown gunman shoots dead member of “Idlib Free Army”
Idlib Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: reliable sources have informed the Syrian Observatory that a member of “Idlib Free Army” from Al-Mawzarah town in Jabal Al-Zawiyah was shot dead by unidentified gunman, in a neighbourhood in Idlib city.
SOHR sources reported earlier this morning that as security situation was deteriorating in areas under the control of Hayyaat Tahrir Al-Sham and the factions in Idlib province and surrounding countryside, Syrian Observatory activists documented the death of two displaced young men from Khattab village in the northern countryside of Hama, in uncertain circumstances. The victims’ bodies were found in a farmland near Kafr Nouran village in the western countryside of Aleppo with marks of gun shoots on them. No information has been reported about the perpetrators so far.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, the start date of the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 650. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 186 civilians, including 23 children and 18 women
- 391 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 70 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
- Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.