Assassination attempt | Regime “collaborator” sustains serious injuries in Daraa’s Nahteh
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have reported that a “collaborator” with regime forces sustained serious injuries due to an assassination attempt in Nahteh town in Daraa countryside.
SOHR activists documented earlier a new assassination targeted a former member of the opposition factions, who struck a reconciliation deal and joined the “Fourth Division”, which is headed by the brother of the Syrian regime’s president, in Saham al-Golan town in the west of Daraa.
Observatory activists had reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a former fighter of the opposition factions, who had joined the regime’s Military Security after striking a reconciliation deal, in al-Shayah area in Daraa city.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 855 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 565 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 250 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 110 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.