Daraa | Regime forces put on high alert, as explosion rocks northern countryside
Daraa governorate – The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored a state of alertness by the regime forces in the city of Jassim in northern countryside of Daraa, following an explosion in the western neighbourhood of the city in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The explosion was caused by a stun grenade thrown by unknown persons in the area, but no human and material losses have been reported.
Yesterday, SOHR activists documented the death of a “collaborator” with regime forces, succumbing to his wounds sustained in gunfire by unknown gunmen in Nahteh town in Daraa countryside.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 855 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 566 persons, categorised as follows:
- 158 civilians, including 12 women and 16 children
- 251 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 110 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 24 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.