New assassination | Air-Force Intelligence officer and agent assassinated in central Daraa countryside
Daraa Governorate – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
As assassinations and attacks on agents, collaborators and settled-status members with regime forces continue in various areas in Daraa governorate in southern Syria, SOHR sources have reported a new assassination on an officer and a member of the regime’s Air-Force Intelligence in the city of Da’el in the central sector of Daraa countryside, after being targeted by unidentified gunmen. The city of Da’el witnessed a state of security alert by the regime’s security agents, following the assassination that just occurred.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 980 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 659 persons, categorised as follows:
- 182 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 307 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 119 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 26 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.