Assassination | Member of Fourth Division killed in western countryside of Daraa
Daraa province: The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activists in the south of Syria reported a new assassination in which a member of the Fourth Division was shot dead by unidentified gunmen, in the town of Tel Shehab, near the Syrian-Jordanian border, west of Daraa.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,032 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 713 persons, categorised as follows:
- 196 civilians, including 12 women and 21 children
- 335 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services.
- 130 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders.
- 25 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces.
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.