The highest monthly death toll in 2017, more than 3050 people were killed in September
More than 70% of civilian casualties in September were killed by International Coalition’s warplanes as well as Russian warplanes
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 3055 in September 2017 which is the highest monthly death toll in 2017, and the death toll is as follows:
Civilian casualties: 955 people including 207 children under the age of eighteen, and 148 women over the age of eighteen, and they were killed as follows:
- 395 including 92 children and 71 citizen women were killed in raids by Syrian and Russian warplanes and by regime’s helicopters on several areas of Syria.
- 91 including 22 children and 10 citizen women were killed in shelling by the regime forces using rocket and artillery shells, missiles believed to be ground-to-ground, targeting and sniper bullets.
- 6 citizens were killed under torture in Syrian security prisons.
- 17 including 4 children and 3 citizen woman were killed in targeting and the fall of mortar shells launched by the rebel and Islamic factions.
- 11 including 5 children and a woman were killed by the fire of the Turkish border guards.
- 10 were executed by the “Islamic State” organization.
- 26 including 3 children and 5 citizen women were killed in the fall of shells launched by the “Islamic State” organization and by the fire of its machineguns.
- 282 including 68 children and 45 citizen women were killed in airstrikes by the warplanes of the international coalition.
- 5 citizens including a child were killed in the detonating of cars and booby trapped vehicles.
- 7 including 1 child were killed by Syria Democratic Forces.
- 47 including 5 children and 5 citizen women were killed in landmine explosions.
- 14 including 2 children and 2 citizen women were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 1 person was killed during clashes between the Islamic Factions.
- 4 persons were killed by Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham.
- 10 citizens including a child and a woman were killed due to bad healthy conditions and the absence of necessary treatment.
- 29 including 3 children and 5 women were executed by the regime forces.
Syrian fighters of Islamic and repel factions and the SDF and other movement s and organizations: 550
The regime forces: 322
Members of the Popular Committees, and the National Defense Forces, and militiamen loyal to the regime forces of Syrian nationalities: 368
Fighters of the Lebanese Hezbollah: 22
Fighters of militiamen loyal to the regime of non-Syrian nationalities mostly of Shiite people: 78
Unknown people: 14
Fighters of Islamic and repel factions and ISIS and Nusra Front (Qaeda organization of the Levant), and Mujahedeen and al-Ansar Army and Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian nationalities: 738
Russian Forces: 8
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reiterates its calls for the international parties to do their utmost efforts to stop the bloodshed of the Syrian people, who faced tyranny and injustice to reach a state of justice, democracy, freedom and equality, as we the Syrian Observatory pledge to continue to monitor and document the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people., in addition to the publication of statistics about them in order to stop the perpetration of these crimes, violations and atrocities against the Syrian people, and to refer the perpetrators of these violations to the concerned courts of the state, so as not to escape their punishment for the crimes they committed against the people who was and still dream of having a democracy, freedom, justice and equality for all the people of Syria.