Dozens killed in IS, regime clashes in Syria, says monitor
BEIRUT, July 4 — Clashes between Russia-backed Syrian regime forces and the Islamic State group have killed more than 40 fighters on the two sides in just 48 hours, a Britain-based war monitor said today.
Fighting and Russian air strikes in the central desert province of Homs since late Thursday have taken the lives of 18 pro-government fighters and 26 jihadists, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
“The fighting started in the night of Thursday to Friday with a jihadist assault on regime positions” near the town of Al-Sukhna, Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman said.
, despite losing their last shred of territory last year. They regularly carry out attacks there.
IS declared a cross-border “caliphate” in large parts of Syria and neighbouring Iraq in 2014, but several military campaigns against it chipped away at that proto-state and eventually led to its territorial demise.
Syria’s war has killed more than 380,000 people since it started in 2011 with the repression of anti-government protests, before evolving into a complex conflict involving world powers and jihadists. — AFP
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.