IED attack | Explosion injures two children in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the injury of two children due to an IED explosion on the road between Jasim and Inkhil towns in the western countryside of Daraa.
SOHR sources have just reported that unidentified gunmen opened fire on a man in Al-Sanamayn city in the northern countryside of Daraa yesterday evening. The man sustained various injuries and was taken to hospital. This incident came as a part of ongoing security chaos and proliferation of weapons throughout Daraa province.
Yesterday, SOHR sources have reported an assassination attempt in Al-Yadoudah town in the western countryside of Daraa, as unknown gunmen opened fire on a man, injuring him.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 996 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 673 persons, categorised as follows:
- 185 civilians, including 12 women and 18 children
- 312 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 125 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 24 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 27 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.