Daraa security chaos | Unidentified gunmen assassinate secretary affiliated to ruling Ba’ath party in Syria
Daraa province: SOHR activists have reported that unknown gunmen have opened fire on the secretary of a party affiliated to “Ba’ath Party ” the ruling party in Syria, in Um al-Mayazen eastern of Daraa, causing his immediate death.
It is worth noting that the partisan groups affiliated to the ruling party in Syria have been collaborating with the regime and security forces and helping them in presenting personal studies about civilians’ loyalties to the security forces.
Since the beginning of the security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 1,179 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 841 persons, categorized as follows:
• 246 civilians, including 14 women and 24 children
• 387 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
• 148 fighters of factions that struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
• 27 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
• 33 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia